A Truly Outstanding Stuffing Starter
Christmas on a stick, these sage and onion stuffing balls make for a very merry appetiser. Adapt the recipe to make more or less depending on the size of your household this Christmas, taking into account that you’ll want to pinch a few for yourself before serving!
Ingredients (Makes 5 balls as a starter)
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- Knob of butter
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried sage
- ½ chicken stock cube
Method (Takes 30 mins)
- Peel and finely chop the shallot and garlic. Dissolve ½ chicken stock cube in 150ml boiled water.
- Heat a large, wide-based pan with a large knob of butter over a medium heat and add the chopped shallot and garlic. Cook for 2-3 min.
- Add the dried sage and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Combine the chicken stock, panko breadcrumbs and the sage and onion butter in a bowl. Set aside to cool and absorb the liquid.
- Once cooled, divide the stuffing into 5 even balls and add to a baking tray. Put them in the oven for 10-12 min or until browned.
- Once browned, remove from the oven and serve on skewers (or cocktail sticks) with cranberry sauce.
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.