Boozy Gingerbread Freakshake
Gingerbread houses always seem like a great idea at the time, they look fabulously festive on Instagram, and appear to keep everyone amused (at least for the first few hours). But, after all that effort and hours of delicate piping, it’s a shame for all that house to then go stale once everyone has had their fill.
There’s no better way to use up all that excess ginger biscuit than this decadent, boozy Gingerbread Freakshake – Leave out the rum in Step 2 for the child-friendly version!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 60g ginger biscuits/gingerbread men
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp horlicks powder (optional)
- 250ml milk
- 25ml of Spiced Rum
- 75ml whipping cream
- Sweets, caramel and sprinkles to decorate (optional)
Method (Takes 5 Mins)
- In a medium size bowl whip the cream until it forms semi firm peaks
- Add the ginger biscuits (saving 1 for garnish), ice cream, horlicks, rum and milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Decorate the inside of your glass with drizzles of caramel then pour in your gingerbread milkshake. Top with a hefty dollop of whipped cream and decorate with reserved gingerbread men sweets and sprinkles. Drink straight away.
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.