Leftover Christmas Turkey Nuggets
It’s been days since the big event and you’ve had enough of the picky teas, leftover sandwiches, and even the bubble and squeak. Yet there’s still so much turkey left… how?
Well, not to worry, this recipe will get everyone back around the table together enjoying good homemade food, while reducing your food waste. Oh, and did I mention it’s super low effort… anyone else still recovering from Christmas day?
Ingredients (makes 6)
- 250g cooked turkey can be white or dark meat or a mix of the 2
- 2 slices white bread
- 50ml milk
- 5g parsley
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 50g flour
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
Method (Takes 30 mins)
- Place the slices of bread in a dish and pour over the milk and set to one side. Peel and finely chop the garlic and shallot and finely chop the parsley. Heat a pan with a small amount of oil over a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the soaked bread, onion and garlic mixture, parsley and cooked turkey with a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and mix well. Add the remaining flour to a plate and season with salt and pepper, then add the panko breadcrumbs to another plate.
- Remove 1/6th of the mixture at a time and form into a rough nuggets shape. Coat each nugget in the flour, tap off the excess, then add to the beaten egg and finally press it into the breadcrumbs firmly to evenly coat all over.
- Heat a wide non stick frying pan (with a matching lid) with 1 inch of vegetable oil. Fry the nuggets for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Remove from the oil and drain on a cooling rack over kitchen roll. Alternatively you can place them on a baking tray with a drizzle of oil and bake in an oven preheated to 200C/180 Fan/Gas 6 for 20 minutes.
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.