Garlicky-baked Camembert with Marmite Puff Pastry Twists
Do-it-yourself pastry twists never fail to impress, despite being super easy to construct.
In this recipe, you’ll make your own Marmite versions, which cleverly bake at the same time as an extra garlicky Camembert. Pop in the middle of the table for a wow-factor centrepiece, or eat entirely for yourself. We won’t tell!
Garlicky-baked Camembert & Marmite Twists Recipe
2 x ready rolled puff pastry sheets
2-3 tbsp Marmite
1 boxed camembert
1 garlic clove
1 rosemary sprig
Flour to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200*C/180*C (fan). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and carefully unravel 1 puff pastry sheet. Spread half of the Marmite over the pastry and fold in half, creating a long thin sheet.
- Roll the pastry out until 2mm thick. Slice into 2cm strips. Twist each strip and place on the lined baking tray.
- Repeat with the second sheet of pastry (you may need to split this across 2 trays).
- Beat egg in a small bowl, then brush over the Marmite twists, coating evenly.
- Finely slice the garlic. Make a few criss-cross cuts with a knife over the Camembert, slot in garlic and rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and pop on the tray with Marmite twists.
- Put the tray into the oven for 25-30 min or until your twists are golden brown and the Camembert has melted.
- Serve in the middle of the table, and dig in!
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.