Lemon posset is one of the easiest, most foolproof desserts out there. It contains 3 ingredients: lemons, cream and sugar. Bam! It’s that simple. I’ve added rosemary to my shortbread, as its piney aromatic flavour perfumes the biscuits and goes amazingly with the lemon. The shortbread is a little different from traditional recipes as it uses corn flour and icing sugar for an extra ‘short’ and crumbly texture.
Top tip: make this pud the day before! The posset chills in the fridge, and so does the shortbread dough, so all you’d need to do on the day is bake the biscuits.
Extra tip: you can use any chopped ‘hard’ herb in shortbread. If you like the rosemary, next time try thyme or even sage.
Lemon and Raspberry Posset with Rosemary Shortbread
For the lemon posset:
- 600ml double cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 large lemons (zest and juice only)
- A handful of raspberries
1. Put the cream and sugar in a pan and slowly bring to the boil on a low heat.
2. Boil for 3 minutes exactly, then remove from the heat and allow to cool a little. Add the lemon juice and zest and whisk well.
3. Sieve the mixture and pour it into your serving glasses, adding a few raspberries as you go. Chill in the fridge for few hours or overnight. Finish with a little lemon zest and serve with shortbread.
For the rosemary shortbread:
- 100g icing sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 200g cold butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped rosemary
1. Put the icing sugar, plain flour, cornflour and chopped rosemary into a processor and blitz to combine.
2. Add the butter and a tbsp of cold water, and blitz to combine.
3. Turn the dough out and bring together with your hands. Clingfilm it and leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, then roll into 1cm thick and cut into fingers or discs.
4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3. Lay the raw shortbread on to a greaseproof lined baking sheet, prick the shortbread all over with a fork and bake for 15 – 20 min.
5. Cool on a wire rack.
We have loads of recipes for other treats and desserts, like our Lemon Meringue S’mores, Carrot and Blood Orange Sorbet or our super popular Red Velvet Pancakes. You can browse all the recipes on our blog >>> HERE.
Choose from a range of recipes each week on Gousto’s menu and get perfectly portioned, top quality ingredients along with easy to follow instructions delivered to your door! If you haven’t tried us out before, you can get £25 off your first box >>> HERE