Grand slam season is upon us! And to celebrate, we’ve taken the quintessentially English duo of Strawberries n’ Cream and reformatted them into the easiest dessert ever: Strawberry Fool with Shortbread Crumbs. Make this if you’re throwing a Tennis party and everyone’s a winner (even if we lose).
Strawberry Fool with Shortbread Crumbs:
Ingredients to serve 4:
4 tbsp icing sugar
Juice of half a lemon
150g double cream
Shortbread (to serve)
1. Remove the stalks from the strawberries and add to a processor
2. Add the lemon juice and icing sugar and pulse to a puree
3. Strain the strawberry puree through a sieve
4. Whip the cream to soft peaks
5. Add the strawberry puree and mix well (reserve a little for decorating)
6. Transfer into pretty ramekins and chill for at least 2 hours
7. Crush some shortbread and serve the chilled strawberry fool with a dribble of puree and
the crumbs on top
Voila, summer is served!
We’ve got some delicious recipes on this week’s menu to go with your Strawberry Fool.