Gousto’s Quick And Easy Vegan Brownies
The secret to incredible brownies or blondies isn’t armfuls of ingredients or fancy techniques. It’s great quality chocolate.
And Gousto’s twist on vegan brownies means no food processor or hard-to-find ingredients needed. Once baked, pile ‘em high, and bite into chocolatey, perfectly moist and fudgy treats.
Quick & Easy Vegan Brownies
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 25 mins
- 180g self-raising flour
- 180g caster sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 200ml soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g chopped nuts
- 1 x 85g bar of Seed & Bean vegan chocolate (we recommend sicilian hazelnut or espresso)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/ 180°C (fan)
- Grease an 18x24cm tray or similar and line with greaseproof paper
- Sift flour, cocoa and sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl
- Measure soya milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract into a jug
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients in a steady stream and mix together until smooth
- Chop the Seed & Bean chocolate into chunks and stir into the batter
- Scrape out the gooey mix into your prepared tin
- Roughly chop the nuts or other topping and sprinkle them over the top
- Bake for 25 minutes until the edges are firm but the centre is still molten
- Leave to cool completely in the tray and then cut into 6 or 8 pieces, depending on how generous you’re feeling.
For a deep, rich flavour, our favourite vegan chocolate is Seed & Bean’s Espresso Chocolate. You won’t taste the coffee, but the bitter notes intensify the rich cocoa aromas. Or opt for their vegan Sizilian Hazelnut bar for a Ferrero Rocher-inspired brownies.
Want to know what’s cooking this week? Check out the Gousto menu to see which meals can be delivered to you this week.