Effective Date: 26/05/2015 (Version 1.0)
Who are we?
- We are SCA Investments Limited trading as "Gousto". We own and operate this website. Our contact details are on the website. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback about this policy.
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Register of Data Controllers under number ZA029698.
What’s the point of this policy?
- This policy tells you how we deal with your "personal data" (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, to whom we disclose it and how you can access and rectify it.
- Please do not use our website unless you are completely happy with this policy. If you do use our website, we will assume that you do accept it.
Might the policy change?
- It may well do and so you should check it whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the revised policy if you use the website after the effective date shown at the top of the policy.
What personal or other data do we collect?
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website - such as your name, address, email address, phone number and so on - or when communicating with us by email or in some other way. This includes information stored within your account such as favourites, wishlist.
What about cookies?
- Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Cookies are used on this website for the following purposes:
- Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- Google Analytics ("GA") cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of GA cookies.
- Google advertising cookies (AdSense, Doubleclick): Google uses persistent advertising cookies (up to two years) in connection with Google advertising on our website to serve ads to you based on your visits to this and other websites and for various other purposes. Click here for more information and to opt out of Google’s advertising cookies.
- Microsoft Bing Ads cookies: Microsoft sets persistent cookies (up to two years) for conversion tracking purposes, i.e. to record details of transactions by users who visit our site after clicking on an advertisement of ours on another site. Click here for more information
- Social media cookies: We may use various social media and other third party features on our website including like button from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Plus +1 button from Google, Pin It button from Pinterest, share / follow button from LinkedIn, embed button from YouTube, These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information about the specific features and those companies’ cookie / privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is possible.
- Olark cookies: Olark, our provider of live chat software, places session and persistent cookies (up to two years) on our site to enable the software to function properly as well as to remember you and your message history between visits. Click here for more information.
- Addthis cookies: Our website includes third party persistent cookies (up to 2 years) set by a third party Addthis in connection with the Addthis button designed to enable sharing via social media (Facebook, Twitter etc). AddThis requires us to tell you the following: "We allow third-party companies, including AddThis, to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org." Click here for more information about AddThis privacy practices. Click here to prevent AddThis from collecting any information about you for online behavioural advertising.
- Third party advertising cookies: As do many other sites, we use third party advertisers and/or internet advertising companies working for them to fill ad space on our website including Appnexus (see here) and AdRoll (see here). These third parties may use persistent cookies and other similar technologies (known as action tags, single pixel gifs and web beacons) to assess information about your visits to this and other sites. This is so they can track the effectiveness of their campaigns (including whether these advertisements are clicked on or viewed by users and later purchases by such users), avoid showing you the same advertisement repeatedly and display advertisements on this and other sites tailored to your preferences. We do not have any access to or control over these third party technologies. If you would like more information about these practices and to know your choices about not having this information used by certain of these companies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Please contact the third parties directly for more information about their privacy practices.
- By continuing to use our website, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
How do we use your personal data?
- We use your personal data to provide our services, e.g. send service messages, process payments and/or fulfil orders.
- We use your personal data to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via our website.
- If you have given permission on our website, we may use your personal data to send you emails (or other communications such as mail, phone or SMS) with details of our or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you including information about special offers or promotions.
- If you supply us with a third party email address for a "Refer A Friend" or similar offer, we will use that email address only to transmit the referral message.
- We retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
- We may access, remove, alter, store or otherwise use any personal data if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
How do we protect personal data?
- Security is a high priority for us. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data.
- Email and other electronic communications are not secure if they have not been encrypted. Your communications will pass through a number of network nodes before they reach us. So we do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access to or loss of personal data that stems from a cause beyond our control. Nor can we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of other users or third parties who may misuse your personal data which they collect from the website.
To whom do we disclose personal data?
- Payment details including credit card numbers are supplied direct to our payment partner mentioned on our website. We do not receive such information. To ensure your details are not being used without consent, your personal data may be supplied by our payment partners to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
- We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply us with a service. Examples include e-commerce platform providers, couriers (to enable delivery of goods), website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications or monitoring our website.
- We may disclose your contact details to Trustpilot to enable it to email you inviting you to leave a review on our site.
- We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary:
- if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority; or
- in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
- Except as otherwise specifically included in this policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to third parties, whether they are suppliers of services on our website (e.g. payment providers) or other websites, different rules will apply to their use or disclosure of your information. Please check their privacy policies carefully.
How can you access and rectify personal data?
- You have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law. We may charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws and we may also require appropriate evidence of identity. Note that you may be able to rectify certain of your personal data within your account on our service (if applicable).
- For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.