Gousto’s Simple 3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
I’m not going to lie – these days, I’m taking extra comfort wherever I can get it. For some, that’s a comforting cottage pie bubbling in the oven, or a sappy film you’ll never admit to watching, but for me it always has been, and always will be: chocolate mousse.
Which is why I developed this magically simple mousse recipe that only needs three ingredients.
I’ll bet any extra family members in the kitchen will love joining in, too. Little hands will come in useful for weighing out ingredients, breaking up chocolate or whipping the cream by hand (that one will really wear them out!)
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped, reserve a little for garnish
- 300ml double cream
- 90g mini marshmallows
1. Fill a saucepan with an inch or two of water. Place a pyrex bowl over the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water, and that the pan never boils dry.
2. Tip the chocolate into the bowl with 120ml of cream and stir until melted.
3. Add marshmallows, a few at a time, and stir until they melt before adding more. Repeat until you’ve added all the marshmallows.
4. Carefully remove the bowl from the pan, and turn the hob off. Allow the chocolate marshmallows mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
5. While the chocolate cools, whip the leftover cream into soft peaks. Once cool, fold most of the whipped cream into your chocolate, then divide between 6 glasses. Dollop remaining cream on top of the mousse, sprinkle with chocolate then refrigerate for at least one hour before eating.