Slowcooker Hot Chocolate
Four words to change your life: Slow. Cooker. Hot. Chocolate.
This creamy, silky recipe is guaranteed to warm you up just in time for cosy season. Simply pop the ingredients in, then let the slow cooker work its magic (while you put your feet up).
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1l milk
- 397g sweetened condensed milk
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt
- Step 1: Mix together the cocoa with a splash of milk and combine until smooth.
- Step 2: Pour the rest of the milk, and the condensed milk into your slow cooker and stir until combined. Add the cocoa slurry, chopped chocolate, vanilla and salt. Cover and cook on low for one hour.
- Step 3: Remove the lid and whisk the hot chocolate until everything is smooth and combined. Cover and cook for a further hour.
- Step 4: Stir the hot chocolate and cook for a final 15 minutes. This is the perfect time to set out any toppings for people to add to their own drinks. Ladle into mugs and serve.
Top topping ideas:
- Cream: Whether you whip your own, go retro with a can of the squirty stuff, or decide to go fancy with something flavoured…
- Marshmallows: No size is the wrong size. Why not put out tea lights and skewers for a toasted topping?
- Biscuits: Forget the spoons – chocolate finger biscuits and wafer curls make for excellent stirrers that taste delicious too!
- Booze: This is the perfect time to raid the back of the alcohol cabinet. Whisky, amaretto, Baileys and flavoured vodkas are all great choices to give your hot chocolate an extra warming kick.
- Spices, sprinkles and syrups: Give your mug an extra flourish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, a few chocolate sprinkles or a generous drizzle of caramel.
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.