Gousto’s Mini Spiced Pumpkin Latte Pies
It’s officially red cup season! And what better to accompany your Pumpkin Spiced Latte than with these little flavour-matched pies. The perfect American classic, with a contemporary coffee twist (and a great way to use up leftover pumpkins).
Ingredients (Makes 12 tarts)
- 1 shortcrust pastry sheet
- 200g cooked pumpkin (or butternut squash)
- 40ml milk
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ ground ginger
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 150g mascarpone
- 1 tsp ground instant coffee
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 4-5 Lotus Biscoff biscuits
Method (1 hour)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C (fan)/ 400°F/ Gas 6
- Use a food processor to blitz the cooked pumpkin, until it forms a puree
- Add the soft brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, milk, egg and the golden syrup and blitz until combined then add to a small jug
- Unroll the shortcrust pastry sheet and using an 8cm pastry cutter, cut out 12 rounds of pastry TIP : if you can’t get 12 rounds, gather up any leftovers into a ball. Roll out the ball on a lightly floured surface then roll to the same thickness as before and continue cutting out more rounds!
- Place the pastry rounds into the cupcake tin, pushing down slightly in the middle
- Divide the filling between the pastry rounds, leaving ½ cm room for the filling to expand
- Put the the tray into the oven for 20-25 min or until the filling has set and the pastry looks golden brown
- Meanwhile, dissolve the ground coffee in 1 tsp of boiling water
- Using electric beaters (or a hand whisk), beat the mascarpone, coffee liquid and golden syrup together until combined, then add to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and keep in the fridge until later
- Crush the lotus biscuits until you have fine crumbs
- Once the pies are done, remove from the oven and let cool for a few min before removing from the tray and leaving to cool on a wire rack
- Once the pies are cool, pipe the coffee mascarpone cream on top and sprinkle with the lotus biscuit crumbs
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.