Jessica’s unbeatable gluten-free apple crumble
You’ll need: a 20cm x 25xm oven dish
Gluten-Free Apple Crumble
Cook time: 1
- 150g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 60g unrefined caster sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 70g almonds with skin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60g fine gluten free oats
- 5 large apples
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Start by making the crumble topping. Roughly chop the almonds, then transfer them to a bowl along with the flax seeds, 40g of sugar, the oats and the butter. Rub the butter into the mix thoroughly, until it resembles soft crumble.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into slices. Lay them in the oven dish. Sprinkle the top with the cinnamon and the rest of the sugar.
- Cover with the crumble. Best way to do this is to use a small spoon or your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until browned on the top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving (it’s best served with custard, yoghurt or crème fraiche).
Give this crumble a go at home, and let us know how you get on in the comments!