How To Cook A Perfect Rump Steak
This post will show you the easiest way to cook a rump steak, like the ones we have in some of our Gousto recipes, so that it’s perfect every time. For how to cook a perfect sirloin steak, take a look at this older post with Chef Flo.
For best results, use a non-stick pan and allow your rump steak to come up to room temperature before cooking. Rump steaks vary in thickness, so this is a guide for a steak around 1.5cm thick; if yours is a bit thicker, just add a little more time (and vice versa).
Cooking Your Rump Steak
Cook time: 15
- Rump steak
- A drizzle of vegetable oil
- Heat your pan (preferably non-stick) with a drizzle of vegetable oil over a high heat.
- Pat your rump steak dry, rub with vegetable oil and season both sides with salt.
- Once very hot, add the steak to the pan and cook for 2-3 min on each side for medium rare. Cook for a further minute on each side for well done.
- Once cooked, transfer the steak to a chopping board, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest in a warm place for 5-10 minutes.
Tip: Try not to move your steak around in the pan whilst it’s cooking as this will prevent it from browning.