15 Ways To Level Up Dinner With Black Garlic
The word on the street is your favourite aromatic has a deliciously dark alter ego. I’m talking about the inky, gooey goodness of black garlic, the latest flavour trend to pack a punch on everything from breakfast to brunch.
Baked to sweet and sticky perfection, these chewy black cloves wow with a complex flavour, unlike anything you’ve tried before. Think sweet caramel combined with the richness of tangy balsamic and an oh-so-umami undertone. It’s a real IYKYK taste.
Garlic fans, are you ready to come to the dark side? We thought you might. Here are our 15 top tips to turn up the flavour with black garlic.
1. Start with something deliciously simple by spreading a couple of cloves on generously buttered toast.
2. Mash up a few cloves with chilli and soy for a stir-fry sauce that sings.
3. Create a signature dip by blitzing up a handful of cloves with cream cheese and a sprinkle of herbs.
4. Mash it up with a spoonful of miso and a splash of hot water before drizzling it over crispy roast potatoes.
5. Dive straight in and munch on a whole clove as is.
6. Marinate chicken or fish with black garlic and olive oil purée before roasting to perfection.
7. Toss a few cloves into the slow cooker with your next Spag Bol or Chilli to boost the flavours.
8. Take your cheese board to the next level by pureeing your cloves and serving them alongside cheddar or brie.
9. Serve up a salad that tastes like the main event by thinly slicing 3 or 4 cloves and sprinkling them over the top.
10. Revolutionise your next cheese toastie by pureeing black garlic and smothering it onto the bread before grilling.
11. Crush it into a homemade tomato sauce for pasta or pizza.
12. Surprise your sweet tooth by dipping whole cloves into melted dark chocolate for a rich and tangy taste sensation.
13. Blend it with mayo to create a burger sauce of dreams (it’s great with chips too).
14. Get cheesy by adding a few cloves to your next Mac or Cauli Cheese.
15. Let your creative juices run wild and use black garlic in your own culinary experiments.
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten-minute meals to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 75 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.