All Day Breakfast Salad
You can’t beat a ‘breakfast for dinner’ kind of evening. But these sunny days have got me pulling away from the fry ups and craving something a little lighter. Enter; the perfect Breakfast inspired Salad.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 12 rashers smoked bacon
- 4 sausages
- 4 eggs
- 8 frozen hash browns
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 little gem lettuces
- Olive oil
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 2tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5g chives, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C (fan)/ Gas 7. Add your sausages to one side of a tray and put in the oven for an initial five minutes. When the time has elapsed add the hashbrowns and cherry tomatoes to the other side of the tray. After the hashbrowns have defrosted, about 5-7 minutes, tear them apart with forks into croutons (do this on a chopping board to prevent damage to your non-stick trays) then return to the oven for the remaining 10 minutes cooking time. Gousto tip – cooking times on sausages can vary so check they are cooked through and add them back to the oven if they need a little more time.
2. Add the eggs to a pot of salted boiled water over a high heat (salt prevents the eggs from cracking). Once boiling, boil for exactly 7 min, for perfect, mid-boiled eggs. Meanwhile, fill a bowl of very cold water with ice (the ice packs in your Gousto box are perfect) ready for cooling your eggs.
3. Place a frying pan over a high heat, add the smoked streaky bacon and cook for 2-3 min each side, or until done to your liking. Reserve the bacon fat, you will use this to make your dressing. To make sure you bacon is extra crispy, leave to cool on a cooling rack over kitchen towel.
4. To make the dressing measure out the reserved bacon fat then add olive oil until you have 4 tbsps total. Add the Dijon, apple cider vinegar, chopped chives and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix until well combined. You can all do this by adding everything to a clean jar and shaking.
5. Crumble the bacon into large pieces and slice the sausages into chunks, add to a large bowl with the lettuce leaves and the dressing and toss until everything is well coated. Place in a serving bowl with the crispy hashbrown croutons, roasted tomatoes, and peeled and halved boiled eggs, then top with a pinch of black pepper and enjoy.
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.