Strawberry Fool with Shortbread Crumbs
To celebrate the royal wedding, we’ve taken the quintessentially English duo of Strawberries and Cream, and reformatted them into an equally English classic dessert – the fool. It also happens to be probably the easiest dessert ever to make. If you’re throwing a Royal Wedding party, make this Strawberry Fool with Shortbread Crumbs and all of your guests will feel like royalty.
Strawberry Fool with Shortbread Crumbs:
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 250g strawberries
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 150g double cream
- Shortbread (to serve)
1. Remove the stalks from the strawberries and add to a processor
2. Add the lemon juice and icing sugar and pulse to a puree
3. Strain the strawberry puree through a sieve
4. Whip the cream to soft peaks
5. Add the strawberry puree and mix well (reserve a little for decorating)
6. Transfer into your favourite ramekins and chill for at least 2 hours
7. Crush some shortbread and serve the chilled strawberry fool with a dribble of puree and the crumbs on top
Voila, summer is served!
We’ve got some delicious recipes on this week’s menu to go with your Strawberry Fool.