Once you’ve carved your pumpkin for Halloween, remember it doesn’t need to just be a decoration! If our pumpkin cupcakes can’t convince you to use your pumpkin flesh to make something delicious and edible, then we have one trick up our sleeve: use it to create an incredibly easy to make pumpkin punch.
There are loads of different ways to make a pumpkin infused punch. We’ve made ours strong, chilled and spiced – a winning combination. See the video and recipe below for some Halloween refreshment, because it’s not only vampires that get thirsty…
- 75 cl spiced rum
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp all spice
- 1tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree/grated pumpkin mashed
- 2 1/2 cups sparkling water
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Large pumpkin or punchbowl
1. Combine the grated pumpkin, orange juice, lemon juice, spiced rum, sparkling water, grated ginger, honey and allspice in a large bowl
2. Stir the mixture thoroughly until fully combined
3. Tip the punch into a sieve over a large jug, then once it has all been poured through, work the pumpkin pulp that has collected through the sieve by pressing against it repeatedly with a wooden spoon
4. Add ice to your punch, and serve in glasses with cinnamon sticks for garnish
Tip: If you want to go the extra mile, buy some small, drinking glass sized pumpkins and hollow these out to form Halloween themed cups!
If you’re looking for some more Halloween foodspiration take a look at our Halloween Party Food Ideas and Gousto’s Halloween Recipe Hacks posts. Or, if you have a sweet tooth, our “No Heart-Beet” Cake is a gruesome (and totally delicious) centrepiece!