Mini Pancake Cereal Recipe
The Internet is making pancake cereal this weekend, and I’m never one to miss a food trend. Fluffy, crisp and smothered in syrup, let me assure you, these tiny pancakes are everything they’re stacked up to be.
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 100ml milk
- 25g mayonnaise – a great substitute if you only need ½ an egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Yoghurt, maple syrup, raspberries and flaked almonds to serve
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl then stir in the salt and sugar
- Add the wet ingredients and beat together until you have a smooth pancake batter
- Pour your batter into a piping bag and snip the end off so you have a roughly 1/2cm hole.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with a knob of butter and a drizzle of vegetable oil (let it get nice and hot!)
- Once hot, squeeze little dots of pancake batter over your pan, and cook on the first side until lots of little bubbles appear on the surface (about 1 minute), then flip and cook for a minute on the other side, until golden brown
- Serve them over yoghurt with berries, flaked almonds and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.