Marmite Caramel & Popcorn Cheesecake
Salted caramel, eat your heart out! We’ve done one better in this recipe, adding Marmite to our cheat’s caramel, before swirling it through a deliciously creamy cheesecake bake.
Flavour fiends are in for an extra treat, too, as we’ve hidden Marmite biscuits in the base for added flavour.
Top with popcorn (yep – you heard right) plus a final drizzle of deliciously sticky caramel sauce and tuck in. Mmmm!
Marmite Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
Serves : 8-10
Cook Time : 1 hour 40 minutes + overnight set time
50g Marmite yeast extract biscuits
250g McVitie’s® Hobnob biscuits
50g sweet popcorn
20g Marmite caramel popcorn
1 Tin Ready-made caramel
2 tbsp Marmite
300ml double cream
600g cream cheese
150g icing sugar
- Grease and line a 23cm springform cake tin with baking paper. Crush the Marmite biscuits and Hobnobs in a food bag with a rolling pin until you get a coarse crumb, then add to a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring regularly. Add to the biscuits and mix, and keep the saucepan aside for later. Pour the mix into the cake tin, using a spatula to smooth it into an even layer. Refrigerate the tin for 1 hour or until the base is firmly set.
- Meanwhile, warm the caramel in the reserved saucepan until melted, then whisk in the Marmite and remove from the heat. This is your Marmite caramel.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together for 1-2 min or until softened and smooth (Tip: stir through the icing sugar first with a large spoon so it doesn’t go everywhere). Once smooth, add in the double cream with one-third of the Marmite caramel and beat until fully mixed.
- Once the biscuit base is set, pour in the cheesecake filling. Drizzle one-third of the Marmite caramel and dramatic swirls with a knife. Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Remove cheesecake 30 mins before serving. Gently warm through the reserved Marmite caramel.
- Just before serving, pile on both popcorns and drizzle over the Marmite caramel. Yum!
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.