Watermelon, Raspberry & Kiwi Popsicle Recipe
1.) They’re gin-free
2.) They look like watermelon slices!
- 1 smallish watermelon (approx. 1kg)
- 20 raspberries
- 2 kiwis
- a big splash of lemonade (or a clear juice like grapefruit)
- Cut the watermelon into large, bite-size pieces, discarding the rind
- Put the watermelon pieces into a food processor and blend roughly
- Strain the blended watermelon through a sieve into a bowl, then transfer the juice to a jug
- Place about 5 raspberries into the bottom of each popsicle mould, pressing down if necessary. You want to leave about 1cm space at the top (this gets filled later)
- Pour the watermelon juice into each mould, ensuring you leave the same space at the top. Freeze for 1 hour, or until the watermelon juice is part frozen, but not yet completely solid
- Remove and discard the skin of the kiwis, then dice the flesh. Put the diced kiwis into the popsicle moulds, pressing down to pack them in. Make sure there is an even layer of kiwi in each mould and that they’re now full
- Pour your lemonade or clear juice into each mould to fill the gaps between the diced kiwi (this can be a little messy if they overflow!)
- Put a popsicle stick into each, pressing down. Freeze. Once frozen, enjoy!
For a sweet, summery twist on a classic American campfire treat, take a look at our Lemon Meringue S’mores recipe!
Check out our Homemade Gin & Tonic, Basil, Lime & Strawberry Popsicle recipe.