How to Make the Ultimate Gravy
Gravy. It’s the make or break moment of Christmas dinner. Too thin and your dinner will be drowning in lightly flavoured water, too thick and you’ll need to spoon it from the jug.
We’ve spent months perfecting this gravy recipe, luckily for you we love to share!
- 1 Kallo chicken stock cube
- 2 tsp marmite
- 2 tbsp oil from the bottom of the roasting tray or olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- Dissolve the stock cube and marmite in 450ml boiled water.
- Add the oil to a pot over a medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp [2 tbsp] flour and cook for 30 secs until a sandy paste has formed.
- Add stock to the pan and simmer for 4-5 min, stirring occasionally, until thickened to a gravy-like consistency.
Gousto tip – for a luxurious gravy swap the kallo stock cube and boiling water for 450ml homemade stock
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.