The Best Ever Cauliflower Cheese
Could this be the best cauli cheese recipe ever? Elevated with a hit of truffle, the cheddar sauce is the perfect consistency to smother the cauliflower florets, leaving you with a deliciously decadent dish. Corrrr.
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
- 1 cauliflower
- 80g mature cheddar
- ½ Chicken stock cube
- Knob of butter
- 1 tsp flour
- 8ml truffle flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 5.5g dijon mustard
- 200g pot of crème fraîche
Method (Takes 55 mins)
- Cut the cauliflower and add the florets to a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp vegetable oil and season with a pinch of salt.
- Put the tray in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- While the cauli cooks, dissolve 1/2 chicken stock cube in 50ml of boiled water and grate the cheddar cheese.
- Heat a pot over a medium heat with a small knob of butter. Once melted, add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes or until a roux (sandy paste) has formed.
- Stir the chicken stock gradually into the roux and stir in the truffle flavoured oil, Dijon mustard, crème fraîche and grated cheese – this is your truffle cheese sauce.
- Once roasted, add the cauliflower to an oven-proof dish and pour over the truffle cheese sauce. Put the dish in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
What is Gousto?
Dinner, but not as you know it. Our big red recipe boxes will help you whip up wholesome, impressive meals no matter your skill level, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss.
From everyday favourites and ten minute meals, to global cuisines and healthy choices, you’ll have over 50 recipes to choose from each week from our menu. We’ll send you step-by-step recipes and all the fresh ingredients you need too. Just pick what you fancy for dinner, and leave the planning to us.